Weeping Water Public Schools recently experienced the death of Cassie Lyons. Funeral arrangements have been made and are as follows:
Monday, Feb. 1 from 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Marshall Funeral Chapel
1109 First Corso Nebraska City, NE 68410
Tuesday, Feb. 2 @ 11:00 am - The funeral service is a private family funeral service. The service will be live-streamed on Marshall Funeral Chapel Facebook Page. https://www.facebook.com/Marsh...
Below are Visitation Guidelines and reminders for you and your family. We highly recommend that a parent/caregiver accompany students to both the visitation and the funeral.
VISITATION ATTENDANCE GUIDELINES FOR STUDENTS
1. It is appropriate to dress up if you are planning to attend either the visitation.
2. Visitation is meant to provide a time to support family members and honor the person who has died.
3. Generally, visits are brief but some families will plan a formal prayer service during the visitation.
4. At the visitation, the casket will be present and maybe open. It is customary to view the casket and/or body. Some families will have a “kneeler” so that individuals may offer a short prayer.
5. The body may not look like the person you remember. Some people may gently kiss or touch the body.
6. It is okay to view the casket in small groups and it is okay to talk quietly but it is best not to congregate around the casket. Move away to allow others the opportunity to pay their respects.
7. Some people like to leave flowers or other remembrances. If there is not a table for this purpose, it is best to leave them with the family. It is not appropriate to place remembrances inside the casket.
8. It is appropriate to greet family members and express your sorrow. A simple statement such as “I’m sorry for your loss” will let the family know that you care.