January 31, 2014
FCCLA: The Ultimate Leadership Experience
Sponsor: Mrs. Endorf
The mission of Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America is to promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner, and community leader, members develop skills for life through character development; creative and critical thinking; interpersonal communications; practical knowledge; and career preparation.
Organized instruction relating to the mission is part of the Family and Consumer Sciences education program in schools. The purposes of the organization shall be as follows:
1. to provide opportunities for personal
development and preparation for adult life
2. to strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society
3. to encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community
4. to encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony
5. to promote greater understanding between youth and adults
6. to provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities
7. to prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today's society
8. to promote Family and Consumer
Active Membership. Any student who is taking or has taken a course, determined by the state department of education as comprehensive or occupational Family and Consumer Sciences through grade 12 shall be eligible for active membership in an organized chapter within the school. Active members shall be eligible to hold office, make motions, and vote.