What is Speech?
Speech gives students the opportunity to participate in various speaking categories. Students are coached in speaking skills and styles; then they use those skills to compete against other students across the state. This year, we plan to provide even more opportunities to participate in competitions. Students may compete in the categories that interest them. Categories include:
- Oral Interpretation of Drama
- Duet Acting
- Oral Interpretation of Serious Prose Literature
- Extemporaneous Speaking
- Oral Interpretation of Humorous Prose Literature
- Informative Public Speaking
- Oral Interpretation of Poetry
- Persuasive Speaking
- Entertainment Speaking
What are the benefits of participating in speech?
Speech gives students the opportunity to:
- be creative.
- compete in several different contests.
- enhance their speaking skills.
- have fun!
- build friendships.
- develop leadership skills.
- practice teamwork.
Who is eligible?
All students, grades 9-12, are eligible, provided they are not failing any classes.
How can I get involved?
See Mr. Nixon!
For more information contact Mr. Nixon by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org